This month’s event will focus on the food forest and will include:
- Planting, mulching, weeding and tidying up
- A chat about some of the plants in the Food Forest
- Training of vines and tightening pergola wires
- Tasty, refreshing afternoon tea and great conversation
- A food swap where you can exchange any surplus home grown food you might have
Make new friends and get a few tips about gardening and growing food. If the last few sessions are anything to go by, everyone will get lots done and leave feeling tired and satisfied and knowing more of their neighbours.
Past events have seen lots of pruning, planting, weeding and mulching as work has got underway on rejuvenating the Dunstan Reserve Food Forest (a public urban orchard of mature fruit, nut and olive trees) as part of a project funded by City of Moreland Council. In coming months, the focus of activity will extend to rebuilding the adjacent community garden.
Sound appealing? Get involved, go along!
To help provide enough refreshments, please RSVP by email to email@example.com or by mail to PO Box 59, Pascoe Vale South, VIC 3044.
What: Garden and Gather
When: Sunday 28th October. 11am – 3pm
Where: Dunstan Reserve Food Forest. Dunstan Reserve, West Brunswick. Enter off Everett St or Peacock St, between Albion and Moreland Rds.
For more information please check the website