Interested in hands on sustainable gardening? Enthused about growing your own organic fruit, herbs and vegetables to share with your family and friends?
If you want to know more about organic gardening but don’t know where to start than this course is for you. Join CERES Trainer, Justin Calverley as he introduces you to the basics of horticulture, permaculture and organic gardening.
Start date: Wednesday 29th October to Wednesday 17th December 2014
Duration: Eight weeks 10am - 2pm
Cost: $400 Full, $320 CERES Member/Concession
Bookings: Please contact CERES reception on 9389 0100
This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge to confidently propagate seedlings, save seeds, grow vegetables and more!
- Session 1 Introduction to Sustainable Gardening
- Session 2 Garden design and permaculture principles
- Session 3 Soils and their preparation
- Session 4 Composting, worm farming and fertilisers
- Session 5 Organic fruit and vegetable production
- Session 6 Organic fruit and vegetable production
- Session 7 Seed saving and propagating
- Session 8 Water Management and Guild Planting
About the trainer:
Justin Calverley is a horticulturalist and permaculturist with over 20 years experience. He has extensive knowledge and experience in permaculture, garden design, organic gardening and native bushfood plants. He specialises in edible gardens and is an expert in fruit tree cultivation and pruning. Justin has taught workshops at CERES in sustainable gardening and permaculture for over 10 years . Justin is a regular broadcaster on 3RRR’s‘Dirty Deeds” and is a presenter on Ch 31’s “ The Garden Tap.”