When: 9.30 - 4.30 Saturday 12th July
Where: Dunstan Reserve, West Brunswick - enter from Everett St through the car park beside Moreland Child Care Centre, 51 Everett St.
RSVP to email@example.com (so we can cater lunch for everyone)
Prerequisites for attendance: your willingness to learn and get stuck in and a bit of common sense
Bring: gardening gloves, secateurs (if you want to prune), hand tools for planting, sensible footwear and clothing
This amazing food forest with 30+ mature productive food trees and a slowly developing under-storey of edible and companion plants is a terrific companion to the community garden next door provides a long-term, perennial counterpart to the garden's mostly seasonal, transient, plant-harvest-replant cycle. This unique place will only get better as it becomes more established and we invest some love and attention.
We've got lots to do and learn and plenty of fun to be had. Amongst other things we'll:
- prune whatever needs it but mostly the fruit trees
- Assess a few trees that are struggling
- work on the pergola for the climbing vines
- Sheet mulch an area to suppress the grass
- hold some short workshops on things like pruning and composting.
- mulch and weed