The Food Know How Program is an award-winning program to help you reduce the amount of food you throw away, save money and help protect the environment all at the same time.
As I'm sure you all know know, the food going into a landfill produces methane, a powerful greenhouse gas. Cutting down your food waste reduces the amount of methane emitted by our landfills and that benefits your entire community.
So..... LESS food waste IS MORE happy communities.
Joining the Food Know How Program as a member is easy, FREE and open to all residents of Darebin, Maribyrnong, Moreland, Whittlesea and Yarra Councils.
Becoming a Food Know How member gives you access to:
- Attendance at a series of free workshops with a celebrity chef to learn top tips on preparing, cooking and storing food to avoid waste.
- Chance to win a great range of prizes
- Access to handy tips and tools to help reduce food waste like menu planners, storage guides and loads more.
- A free kitchen caddy to help you measure your weekly food waste
- Share food saving tips, secrets and ideas with other Food Know How members
TO JOIN OR FIND OUT MORE:
Yarra City Council and Cultivating Community with funding from the Metropolitan Waste and Resource Recovery Group.