Cities feeding themselves is an idea that can change the world. An idea whose time has come...
|© Rasha Tayeh. All Rights Reserved. 2016|
I’m a Moreland voter and I’m getting in touch to find out where you stand on something before I vote at the council elections this weekend.
It’s really important to me and lots of other people in the Moreland community that our food system should:
- contribute to a more resilient community and a healthier environment,
- ensure food is socially and economically accessible to everyone in the community, and
Food is a really important part of Moreland’s identity and I want our food system to help make people healthier, provide jobs, connect people, build capacity and resilience in our community and lots of other things. Council needs to help make this happen.
- protect and nurture our food culture, celebrate our diversity and build our community.
So here are my questions for you:
- If you are elected, what will you do to support the development of a vibrant, just and sustainable local food system for Moreland?
Thanks in advance for getting back to me. I’ll share your response with all my friends and family help and spread the word for you!
- How will you progress the continued development and implementation of Moreland’s Food System Strategy, and support the Social Development unit to undertake this work through the budgeting process?