The Annual 3000acres Spring Fling Festival is fast approaching! Join us as we celebrate the all things sustainable food, gardening and the start of the beautiful new spring growing season. All are invited to this super fun afternoon featuring a jam-packed program of free gardening and sustainability workshops, a huge pop-up plant sale, kids activities, live music and food stalls in the lush grounds of the Saxon St Community Garden in Brunswick.
Lots of clever people from the local sustainable food and gardening scene are hosting a jam-packed program of FREE workshops and displays all afternoon, including:
- St Kilda Indigenous Nursery Co. Op.: Indigenous plantings and the principles of propagation from cuttings
- FareShare: Sustainable approaches to pest management in backyard gardens
- Compost Community: Composting 101 and soil health
- Book A Chook: Chicken keeping in the city
- Wormlovers: How to keep a happy worm farm
- CERES Fair Food: Sauerkraut making and the goodness of fermenting
- Good Brew Kombucha: Kombucha making (with SCOBYs available to take home and get brewing!)
- Slow Food Youth Network Melbourne: Reducing Food Waste in the Kitchen
- Alice in Frames: Big appetite, small footprint.
- Rasha Tayeh: Wellness Apothecary - growing and preparing medicinal herbal infusions - http://www.rashatayeh.com/
Plus, few of folk who will be set up all afternoon
- Pip-Australian Permaculture Magazine, Brunswick Tool Library, Inc, Biofilta, Youth Food Movement Australia
- The Community Grocer will have a pop up fruit and veggie stall for all your grocery needs
- On-site bike servicing by donation with the guys from Bikes Please
...plus a HUGE plant sale of indoor and edible plants.
For the little ones: We will have a fairy garden to explore and lots of hands on activities with growing green goodies for kids to take home.
For the hungry ones: There’ll be vegan baked goods from Von's Vegan Bake House Baked Potatoes from Carmel Hill Farm, Kombucha from the Good Brew Co and an epic sausage sizzle raising funds for the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC)
So with busy bee times ahead in the Spring garden, join in our full program of free workshops covering all the tips and tricks to make your garden flourish. Or else just come along to peruse some wares at pop-up indoor and edible plant sale, grab some lunch from the food stalls and listen to some live music on the grass in the afternoon sunshine.
What a way to welcome Spring!
33 Saxon st Brunswick
Free workshops and displays
Free workshops and displays
Pop-up fruit and veggie market
Edible and indoor plant sale
Bike servicing by donation
Please feel free to share around this great event > https://www.facebook.com/events/164642693967365/
Happy Spring growing season!