Moreland Food Gardens Network (MFGN)
MFGN provides an opportunity for people in Moreland to come together on a regular basis to share information and collaborate in a variety of ways to improve food access and urban agriculture in the area.
In a nutshell we...
• Provide an opportunity to share information, experiences, skills and ideas related to food and community gardening
• Advocate for food-related issues
• Facilitate improvements to access of free/affordable & healthy food
• Promote healthy living, social inclusion, local food production and sustainable practices
• Maintain an online resource for the wider community to share the network’s information & related events
Want to join us? here's a little bit about membership... (& its free!)
• Membership for the Network includes representatives from Moreland residents, community groups, organisations and services these include:
- Community Gardens
- Community Health Services
- Health Promotion/Community Development
- Policy makers
email@example.com explaining why they want to become a member. Membership requests must be approved by at least 2 existing members.
• Individual agencies or community groups shall internally appoint their own network representatives and agree to arrange a proxy who will attend meetings if the usual representative/s is unable to attend.
• Decisions shall be made by consensus where possible and by a majority vote when consensus is not possible.
• Guest speakers & visitors are sometimes invited to attend MFGN gatherings. Visitors have no voting rights.
• Network members gather informally 4 times a year. These gatherings are open to the public.
• Members follow the communication and online publishing guidelines on MFGN website, social media and google group. Guidelines are received upon joining.
Gatherings are held four times a year. Usually on a Friday night 6:30 - 8:30 pm. Usually location rotate, sometimes at different community gardens, community houses or somewhere within Moreland.